Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Expeditionary Force 54mm dismounted cavalry



It only took me two months to finish these figures. I was distracted. One could leave out the yellow cavalry piping at this scale but I went for it. The collar piping is tough to do. The bugler and mounted officer from the artillery set can be added. Also the infantry officer can be added to the cavalry skirmish line. I need to paint the epaulets  on the officer to yellow.





 The mounted officer is a really good figure and could be painted as a colonel or general.





9 comments:

  1. That is great work, the yellow is bloody good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1
    great work!

    I like especially the horse in a very dynamic pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Good question. I was trying for the purple/crimson sash color but it photos as dark red.

      Delete
  4. I always have trouble with white and yellow paints. What brand do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just using the craft store brands. FolkArt and Ceramcoat, They aren't the best at coverage. I usually do two or more coats over a base coat.

      Delete
  5. Impressive. even the horse looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! Horses take some work so I'm sticking to the dismounted cavalry figures.

      Delete