Monday, January 14, 2013

REPLICANT 1/32 scale ECW Pikemen

I finally bought 2 bags of Replicant pike men at a 20% off sale. You get 6 figures in 3 poses per bag. They have a little more personality than the Call to Arms ECW sets but if you want a mass of pike men,  Call to Arms figures are really good for the money. Here are the 1st photos of the unpainted pike men after I swopped the bendy plastic pike included in the set with Evergreen 1/16 dia. plastic rod. I also replaced the cast in "partizan" short pike on one figure with a full sized pike.













8 comments:

  1. They look really good. Odd that virtually every set of pikemen, in every scale are delivered either with no pikes or ones that are next to useless and have to be swopped. Why do they do that?
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use 1/16 " dia. plastic coated steel rod but I found it too dangerous to the eyes. If I was setting up a permanent diorama, the metal rod would be best. I can imagine metal rod would be good for 20/28 mm war game figures.

      Delete
  2. Now they look splendid, love the last two photographs - not a view you would want to appreciate on the battlefield!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for that Viggo Mortensen movie Alatriste to come out on DVD in the states. There is some heavy pike action in one scene.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to decide what color to paint them.

      Delete
  4. Really useful post. I think I prefer the ACTA for the rank and file, but these are useful for extras. The Replicants musketeers are pretty good. I would be nice if another company had a go at ECW to widen the choice.
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      A Call To Arms musketeers are frustrating as the boxes have no firing figures and just one out of scale figure in the command set. The Replicant musketeers are all "light infantry" without musket stands. How common was this?

      Delete